A legal assistance group says it will help individuals seeking justice against powerful entities or individuals in Myanmar society.
A legal clinic offering free help for those in need recently opened an office in Kachin State. The Legal Assistance Organization (LAO) says it's committed to helping impoverished persons and others who feel they are a victim of wrongful arrest.
Khin Zaw, the secretary for LAO, said for those that need help to contact them.
"We will help poor people that can't afford to hire a lawyer and represent them in court. We will also help children, disabled people, women, those affected by chronic disease, stateless persons, political asylum seekers and migrants during a trial," Khin Zaw said.
LAO aims to help individuals seeking justice against powerful entities or individuals in Myanmar society. The organization says it's lawyers have over ten years of experience in the legal system.
- Burma Army, KIA Clash in Muse District (News) 22 Apr 2019
- Burma Army and KIA clashes in N.Shan State (KNG TV) 20 Apr 2019
- More KIA, Burma Army Clashes Reported in Northern Shan State (News) 20 Apr 2019
- At Least Two Dead as Storm Sweeps through Hpakant (News) 20 Apr 2019
- Gurkha Doctors Provide Healthcare to Kachin IDPs (News) 18 Apr 2019