Two jade pickers have yet to be found after a landslide occurred on Monday in a mining block in Kachin State’s Hpakant Township.
The incident occurred in the San Taw Win block of Mawsesar mine in Lon Khin village tract at around 10:00 p.m. Two men who were searching for jade at the time escaped, but two more remain missing.
“It's too difficult for us to find them because it's too deep. It's too dangerous,” U Thein Zaw, the administrator of the mine, told KNG.
The missing men have been identified as U Tin Zaw from Malang Kahtawng village and U Thein Zaw from Mawsesar.
The jade pickers who fled the landslide received treatment at Hpakant public hospital and were released on Wednesday.
- Burma Army, KIA Clash in Muse District (News) 22 Apr 2019
- Burma Army and KIA clashes in N.Shan State (KNG TV) 20 Apr 2019
- More KIA, Burma Army Clashes Reported in Northern Shan State (News) 20 Apr 2019
- At Least Two Dead as Storm Sweeps through Hpakant (News) 20 Apr 2019
- Gurkha Doctors Provide Healthcare to Kachin IDPs (News) 18 Apr 2019