The Mogaung-Kamaing road, a portion of the major road to the Hpakant jade mine in Burma’s northern Kachin State, was closed yesterday for three hours following Burma army’s artillery fire.
At least twice artillery fires were made about 11am local time by Burmese army post in Gauri village targeting Ga Matep, where the government forces were occasionally attacked by the Kachin Independence Army, KIA Battalion 6 last year.
At 12pm, Burmese army blocked the route between Mogaung and Kamaing at its military gate, eight miles from Mogaung however the road was reopened at 3pm, according to travellers.
The military tensions have been emerged in Hpakant jade mine following Burma army troops and the KIA Battalion 6 clashed on May 9, last week in the upstream of Uru River in the jade mine.
- ျမန္မာနယ္နိမိတ္ က်ဴးေက်ာ္မႈမွ တ႐ုတ္ ျပန္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ျမစ္ဆုံ ေက်းရြာမ်ား၏ လုိအပ္ခ်က္မ်ားကုိ တရုတ္ကုမၸဏီ မွ ေထာက္ပ့ံေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ပန္ဆိုင္း လမ္းမိုင္း ေပါက္ကြဲမႈတြင္ ၁ ဦးေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာရ (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ သက္တမ္းကုန္ဆုံးေသာ္လည္း ကုမၸဏီမ်ား တူးေနဆဲ (News) 19 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္မိ်ဳးႏြယ္မ်ားၾကား ေသြးခြဲေစေသာ ဥပေဒ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ လို (News) 18 Sep 2018