The Mogaung-Kamaing road, a portion of the major road to the Hpakant jade mine in Burma’s northern Kachin State, was closed yesterday for three hours following Burma army’s artillery fire.
At least twice artillery fires were made about 11am local time by Burmese army post in Gauri village targeting Ga Matep, where the government forces were occasionally attacked by the Kachin Independence Army, KIA Battalion 6 last year.
At 12pm, Burmese army blocked the route between Mogaung and Kamaing at its military gate, eight miles from Mogaung however the road was reopened at 3pm, according to travellers.
The military tensions have been emerged in Hpakant jade mine following Burma army troops and the KIA Battalion 6 clashed on May 9, last week in the upstream of Uru River in the jade mine.
- ပါတီ ေပါင္းစည္းျခင္း ကုိ လက္ခံမည့္ ကခ်င္ လူထုညီလာခံ ဧျပီ ၁၀ ရက္ သို႔ ရက္ ျပန္ ေရႊ႕ (News) 21 Mar 2018
- ေမခ၊ ေငၚ့ခ်န္းခ ေရကာတာ စီမံကိန္းမ်ား ရပ္ရန္ ေဒသခံမ်ား ဆႏၵျပ (News) 15 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ျပည္သူမ်ားကုိ ေသြးစုပ္ေနေသာ တရုတ္ သစ္သ်ွဴး ငွက္ေပ်ာ အႏၱရယ္ (News) 14 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ေပါင္းစည္း ပါတီ အား အတည္ျပဳမည့္ လူထု ညီလာခံ ရက္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ (News) 13 Mar 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား-ပူတာအုိ ကားလမ္း ေပါက္ျပီ ျဖစ္ေသာ္လည္း ဓါတ္ဆီေစ်း ျမင့္တက္ ေနဆဲ (News) 9 Mar 2018