Skirmishes broke out between the Burma Army and the Kachin Independence Army in two areas yesterday morning (24 January).An official from KIA Brigade 6 confirmed to KNG that the two armies clashes in Kawng Wai, which is under the control of KIA Battalion 36 under Brigade 6 in northern Shan State.
The Burma Army’s Infantry Battalion 261, which was marching from Gaung Yi Stream, and KIA Battalion 6 under Brigade 2 also fought fiercely in Phayar Taung of Nam Si Yang near Kar Mai on Mogaung-Hpa-kant Road, according to local residents.
Over 100 military vehicles, which were covered in plastic and believed to be carrying artilleries, departed from Myitkyina to Putao on Sunday.
Local military observers said the Burma Army is preparing to launch an offensive against KIA Brigade 1 in Putao District.
- တပ္နဲ႔အစိုးရ ဖယ္ဒရယ္ကိစၥ အဆင္သင့္ မရိွေသး (KNG TV) 16 Oct 2018
- ေဝဖန္ခံရသည့္ ‘Marit ai Maumwi Mausa’ ဗီြဒီယို ကိစၥ ကခ်င္အႏုပညာရွင္ အသင္းခ်ဳပ္ႏွင့္ ေတြ႔ဆုံ ေမးျမန္းျခင္း (Interview) 16 Oct 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား ညေစ်းတန္းသစ္ တြင္ ေရာင္းမေကာင္း (News) 16 Oct 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနားျမိဳ႕နယ္ ေနရာအခိ်ဳ႕တြင္ လံုျခံဳေရးေၾကာင့္ မဲဆြယ္ခြင့္ မရ (News) 15 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတြင္း လံုျခံဳေရး ရဲမ်ားပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆး ၁ ဦး ထိခုိက္ (News) 15 Oct 2018