Kachin anti-narcotic group, Pat Jasan (PJS), will restart its opium eradication program this year in the Kachin State before the opium season is over.Tang Gon, secretary of PJS (Myitkyina), explained that information from the opium farm areas will be scrutinized and the opium farms will be eradicated in time.
“Surveys are being collected in the areas where opium farms were eradicated in the past. We will do [the eradication] in time after receiving this information. We will destroy them within the opium season,” he said.
Although fighting rages in the Kachin State and northern Shan State, the PJS will continue to carry out its anti-narcotic program and has encouraged participation from the public, the PJS Central Committee stated in an announcement released on 14 January.
Conflict broke out between the PJS and opium farm-owners after PJS entered Kampaiti area, which is under the control of people militia’s leader U U Zahkung Ting Ying, last February.
- ျမစ္ဆံုေရကာတာ ဆက္လက္ ကန္႔ကြက္ဖုိ႔ ေဒသခံမ်ား ေတြ႕ဆံုေဆြးေႏြး (News) 16 Aug 2018
- Kachin State Party တရား၀င္ ျဖစ္လာေရး အလုပ္အမႈေဆာင္ ေကာ္မတီ ဖြဲ႔စည္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- AKYU celebrates 23rd anniversary in Myitkyina (KNG TV) 15 Aug 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ Mawmau Bum ျပည္သူပုိင္လမ္း ေရာင္းစားမႈ ေဒသခံမ်ား စိတ္မေကာင္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- Sinlum IDP ေဘာ္ဒါ ေက်ာင္းေဆာင္ မီးေလာင္ပ်က္စီးမႈေၾကာင့္ အေရးေပၚ အကူညီ လိုအပ္ (News) 14 Aug 2018