Kachin anti-narcotic group, Pat Jasan (PJS), will restart its opium eradication program this year in the Kachin State before the opium season is over.Tang Gon, secretary of PJS (Myitkyina), explained that information from the opium farm areas will be scrutinized and the opium farms will be eradicated in time.
“Surveys are being collected in the areas where opium farms were eradicated in the past. We will do [the eradication] in time after receiving this information. We will destroy them within the opium season,” he said.
Although fighting rages in the Kachin State and northern Shan State, the PJS will continue to carry out its anti-narcotic program and has encouraged participation from the public, the PJS Central Committee stated in an announcement released on 14 January.
Conflict broke out between the PJS and opium farm-owners after PJS entered Kampaiti area, which is under the control of people militia’s leader U U Zahkung Ting Ying, last February.
- တပ္နဲ႔အစိုးရ ဖယ္ဒရယ္ကိစၥ အဆင္သင့္ မရိွေသး (KNG TV) 16 Oct 2018
- ေဝဖန္ခံရသည့္ ‘Marit ai Maumwi Mausa’ ဗီြဒီယို ကိစၥ ကခ်င္အႏုပညာရွင္ အသင္းခ်ဳပ္ႏွင့္ ေတြ႔ဆုံ ေမးျမန္းျခင္း (Interview) 16 Oct 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား ညေစ်းတန္းသစ္ တြင္ ေရာင္းမေကာင္း (News) 16 Oct 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနားျမိဳ႕နယ္ ေနရာအခိ်ဳ႕တြင္ လံုျခံဳေရးေၾကာင့္ မဲဆြယ္ခြင့္ မရ (News) 15 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတြင္း လံုျခံဳေရး ရဲမ်ားပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆး ၁ ဦး ထိခုိက္ (News) 15 Oct 2018