The Burma Army launched air strikes on the Kachin Independence Army’s (KIA) Battalion 3 Lai Hpawng Post, near Gidon, on 19 December.The Burma Army started attacking the post with heavy artillery at noon and then launched at lest six airstrikes with two fighter jets according to the KIA’s frontline news.
Later, at 4pm, Burma Army troops assaulted the post.
Lai Hpawng Post is located to the east of the Myitkyina-Bhamo Road in Waingmaw Township near to KIA Mobile Battalion 252’s strategic Gidon Post, which was seized by the Burma Army on 16 December.
The Burma Army has been launching offensives against the Gidon and Lai Hpawng posts since August before finally overrunning Gidon Post on 16 December.
The Burma Army and the KIA have been fighting nearly every day in the KIA controlled areas of Kachin State and northern Shan State.
- ကခ်င္ဒုကၡသည္ ပုံကို ‘အပန္းေျဖ ဆင္စခန္း’ အျဖစ္ တပ္မေတာ္ ပုံႏွိပ္ (News) 21 May 2018
- Kachin villagers tell of army horrors in Hpakant, Danai and Injangyang Townships (News) 18 May 2018
- ယုဇနကုမၸဏီႏွင့္ ေဒသခံမ်ား ၾကား ေျမယာအေရး ျပႆနာ ထပ္ျဖစ္ (News) 17 May 2018
- "ဗံုးၾကဲခံရ၊ သတ္ျဖတ္ခံရတာေတြေၾကာင့္" (Interview) 16 May 2018
- စစ္ေရွာင္ လြတ္ေျမာက္ေရး ဆႏၵျပ ဦးေဆာင္ လူငယ္ (၃)ဦး အမွႈ ထပ္မံ ရံုးခ်ိန္း (News) 16 May 2018