The Burma Army launched air strikes on the Kachin Independence Army’s (KIA) Battalion 3 Lai Hpawng Post, near Gidon, on 19 December.The Burma Army started attacking the post with heavy artillery at noon and then launched at lest six airstrikes with two fighter jets according to the KIA’s frontline news.
Later, at 4pm, Burma Army troops assaulted the post.
Lai Hpawng Post is located to the east of the Myitkyina-Bhamo Road in Waingmaw Township near to KIA Mobile Battalion 252’s strategic Gidon Post, which was seized by the Burma Army on 16 December.
The Burma Army has been launching offensives against the Gidon and Lai Hpawng posts since August before finally overrunning Gidon Post on 16 December.
The Burma Army and the KIA have been fighting nearly every day in the KIA controlled areas of Kachin State and northern Shan State.
- KNG TV Sep 21 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 21 Sep 2018
- NCA လက္မွတ္ထုိး အဖြဲ႔ႏွင့္ မထုိးသည့္အဖြဲ႔မ်ား လုိင္ဇာ တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆံု ေဆြးေႏြး (News) 21 Sep 2018
- တုိင္းရင္းသားေဒသ တပ္မေတာ္ ထုိးစစ္ရပ္ရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 21 Sep 2018
- Myanmar-China border dispute (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018
- Myanmar UWSA army bans Christian Cross (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018