Though the organisers of the two-day workshop titled ‘Pursuing Justice in Times of Political Change: Challenges and Strategies’ applied to the Burmese Government for permission to hold the conference over two months ago they got no response until the day the workshop was due to start.
The government refused to give permission for the workshop to be held and said it must be cancelled, according to the workshop organisers.
One of the organisers, U Lwan Zaung, said: “When we need many workshops like this one to discuss and find solutions for the on-going situations and political issues, it is questionable why the government told us to cancel the workshop.”
The workshop was due to be led by the Australia Myanmar Constitutional Democracy Project and the Community of Democracy.
Despite banning the workshop in Myitkyina the government granted permission for the same workshops to be held in Naypyidaw and Rangoon.
- ျမန္မာ အစိုးရေက်ာင္း ေျပာင္းတက္ရန္ စာေမးပြဲ ထပ္မံ ေျဖဆိုရ (News) 21 Jun 2018
- တ႐ုတ္ သစ္သွ်ဴးငွက္ေပ်ာျခံေၾကာင့္ ဘိန္းစုိက္ခင္း ေလွ်ာ့နည္းလာ ဟု ဝန္ၾကီးခ်ဳပ္ ေျပာ (News) 20 Jun 2018
- တရုတ္ CPI ေဆာက္ေပးသည့္ ေအာင္ျမင္သာေက်းရြာ ေနအိမ္မ်ား ပ်က္စီးလာ (News) 20 Jun 2018
- မုိင္းနား RC စစ္ေရွာင္စခန္းတြင္ ဝမ္းပ်က္၊ ဝမ္းေလွ်ာ ေရာဂါ ပ်ံ႕ပြားေန (News) 20 Jun 2018
- ယုဇန ေျမသိမ္းသူ ေဒသခံေတာင္သူ (၄)ဦးကုိ တန္ျပန္ တရားစြဲ (News) 20 Jun 2018