Though the organisers of the two-day workshop titled ‘Pursuing Justice in Times of Political Change: Challenges and Strategies’ applied to the Burmese Government for permission to hold the conference over two months ago they got no response until the day the workshop was due to start.
The government refused to give permission for the workshop to be held and said it must be cancelled, according to the workshop organisers.
One of the organisers, U Lwan Zaung, said: “When we need many workshops like this one to discuss and find solutions for the on-going situations and political issues, it is questionable why the government told us to cancel the workshop.”
The workshop was due to be led by the Australia Myanmar Constitutional Democracy Project and the Community of Democracy.
Despite banning the workshop in Myitkyina the government granted permission for the same workshops to be held in Naypyidaw and Rangoon.
- တရား႐ုံးမွ ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၂ဦးအား ေငြဒဏ္ စီရင္ (News) 14 Dec 2018
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံ Sut Seng Htoi အမႈ တရားလုိ ၄ဦးကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 13 Dec 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ လုံျခံဳေရး ရဲ ပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၂ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာ ရ (News) 13 Dec 2018
- Nippon Foundation မွ ကခ်င္စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကူညီေပးရန္ အဆင္မေျပ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- တရားမွ်တေရး ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ဦးေဆာင္သူ ၂ ဦး အမႈဖြင့္ ခံရ (News) 12 Dec 2018