A drug gang beat Burmese Police after they arrested a major drug dealer of the Indawgyi area of Kachin State with alleged connections to high-ranking Burma Army officers.Officers from Mohnyin Township Police Force and Naypyidaw Anti-Narcotic Task Force arrested U Aung Kyaw Win in possession of 117.4 gram of opium, 2,985 amphetamine tablets, and over 1.7 million kyats in Mai Naung Village on 18 September.
It is rumoured that U Aung Kyaw Win is the second largest drug trafficker in the Indawgyi area. Local residents claim that he and his gang have bribed Burma Army officers from the rank of captain up to the commander of the Burma Army’s Northern Command.
After U Aung Kyaw Win’s arrest his son, Kyaw Thu Win and around 20 villagers attacked the police according to the leaders of Pat Jasan (PJS), a community-based Kachin drug elimination team.
Local residents told KNG that the drug gang badly beat up the police and took a gun and two hand grenades from them.
The injured police officers are currently receiving treatment at Mohnyin Hospital.
Local PJS teams allege that Shanni (Red Shan) people’s militias backed by the army have been dealing drugs in Mogaung and Hpakant townships.
The police are investigating drug traffickers with alleged ties to the Burma Army to see if they can arrest them and charge them with ‘causing injury to civil servants’ and ‘illegal arms possession’.
- AKYU celebrates 23rd anniversary in Myitkyina (KNG TV) 15 Aug 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ Mawmau Bum ျပည္သူပုိင္လမ္း ေရာင္းစားမႈ ေဒသခံမ်ား စိတ္မေကာင္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- Sinlum IDP ေဘာ္ဒါ ေက်ာင္းေဆာင္ မီးေလာင္ပ်က္စီးမႈေၾကာင့္ အေရးေပၚ အကူညီ လိုအပ္ (News) 14 Aug 2018
- ျမန္မာ အစိုးရတပ္ ႏွင့္ ေျမာက္ပိုင္းမဟာမိတ္ တပ္ေပါင္းစု ၾကား တိုက္ပြဲ ျပင္းထန္ (News) 14 Aug 2018
- ဆႏၵျပ လူငယ္ေခါင္းေဆာင္ (၃)ဦးအမႈ တရားလုိ သက္ေသ အစစ္ခံရန္ ပ်က္ကြက္ (News) 13 Aug 2018