A drug gang beat Burmese Police after they arrested a major drug dealer of the Indawgyi area of Kachin State with alleged connections to high-ranking Burma Army officers.Officers from Mohnyin Township Police Force and Naypyidaw Anti-Narcotic Task Force arrested U Aung Kyaw Win in possession of 117.4 gram of opium, 2,985 amphetamine tablets, and over 1.7 million kyats in Mai Naung Village on 18 September.
It is rumoured that U Aung Kyaw Win is the second largest drug trafficker in the Indawgyi area. Local residents claim that he and his gang have bribed Burma Army officers from the rank of captain up to the commander of the Burma Army’s Northern Command.
After U Aung Kyaw Win’s arrest his son, Kyaw Thu Win and around 20 villagers attacked the police according to the leaders of Pat Jasan (PJS), a community-based Kachin drug elimination team.
Local residents told KNG that the drug gang badly beat up the police and took a gun and two hand grenades from them.
The injured police officers are currently receiving treatment at Mohnyin Hospital.
Local PJS teams allege that Shanni (Red Shan) people’s militias backed by the army have been dealing drugs in Mogaung and Hpakant townships.
The police are investigating drug traffickers with alleged ties to the Burma Army to see if they can arrest them and charge them with ‘causing injury to civil servants’ and ‘illegal arms possession’.
- ပါတီ ေပါင္းစည္းျခင္း ကုိ လက္ခံမည့္ ကခ်င္ လူထုညီလာခံ ဧျပီ ၁၀ ရက္ သို႔ ရက္ ျပန္ ေရႊ႕ (News) 21 Mar 2018
- ေမခ၊ ေငၚ့ခ်န္းခ ေရကာတာ စီမံကိန္းမ်ား ရပ္ရန္ ေဒသခံမ်ား ဆႏၵျပ (News) 15 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ျပည္သူမ်ားကုိ ေသြးစုပ္ေနေသာ တရုတ္ သစ္သ်ွဴး ငွက္ေပ်ာ အႏၱရယ္ (News) 14 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ေပါင္းစည္း ပါတီ အား အတည္ျပဳမည့္ လူထု ညီလာခံ ရက္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ (News) 13 Mar 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား-ပူတာအုိ ကားလမ္း ေပါက္ျပီ ျဖစ္ေသာ္လည္း ဓါတ္ဆီေစ်း ျမင့္တက္ ေနဆဲ (News) 9 Mar 2018