About 300 Burmese soldiers wearing civilian clothes have allegedly entered China in small groups since 3 September as part of a planned offensive against the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) said a border military affairs observer.A Chinese border-based military affairs observer, who did not want to be named, told KNG that the soldiers disguised as civilians had crossed into China at the Jiegao border crossing.
An observer said that the soldiers were seen heading towards the Chinese border towns of Longchuan and Yingjiang, which are close to the KIO headquarters and Kachin Independence Army (KIA) Brigade 3 headquarters in Laiza, Laisin Bum, and Mai Ja Yang, but since then there has been no further news about them.
Lieutenant-Colonel Naw Buu, a KIO information officer based at KIO headquarters in Laiza confirmed to KNG that the Kachin Independence Army (KIA), the KIO’s military wing, had received information about Burma Army soldiers entering China dressed as civilians.
Since an escalation of tensions between the Burma Army and the KIA on Kampaiti Road last month the Chinese have stationed troops on the border.
Previously, when the Burma Army attacked and seized the KIO’s former headquarters at Nahpaw-Pajau Bum in 1987, Burma Army troops had attacked the KIA positions from across the border in China, according to KIA officials.
- ‘ဘဝမ်ားႏွင့္ရင္းေသာေက်ာက္စိမ္း’ သတင္းစာ ရွင္းလင္းပြဲ ျမစ္ၾကီးနားတြင္ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ယေန႔ ျမန္မာအစိုးရ ႏွင့္ KIO တို႔ ခ်င္းမိုင္တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆုံမည္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ကေလး အခြင့္အေရးဆိုင္ရာ ၁ပတ္ သင္တန္း ဟူးေကာင္းေဒသမွာ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ျမိဳ႕နယ္ Hupa မွာ ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တပ္ရင္း (၆) တိုက္ပြဲ ျဖစ္ပြား (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ေျမျပိဳမႈေၾကာင့္ ေသဆံုး ဒဏ္ရာရသူမ်ား ကုိ အစုိးရမွ မကူညီေသး (News) 17 Jul 2018