About 300 Burmese soldiers wearing civilian clothes have allegedly entered China in small groups since 3 September as part of a planned offensive against the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) said a border military affairs observer.A Chinese border-based military affairs observer, who did not want to be named, told KNG that the soldiers disguised as civilians had crossed into China at the Jiegao border crossing.
An observer said that the soldiers were seen heading towards the Chinese border towns of Longchuan and Yingjiang, which are close to the KIO headquarters and Kachin Independence Army (KIA) Brigade 3 headquarters in Laiza, Laisin Bum, and Mai Ja Yang, but since then there has been no further news about them.
Lieutenant-Colonel Naw Buu, a KIO information officer based at KIO headquarters in Laiza confirmed to KNG that the Kachin Independence Army (KIA), the KIO’s military wing, had received information about Burma Army soldiers entering China dressed as civilians.
Since an escalation of tensions between the Burma Army and the KIA on Kampaiti Road last month the Chinese have stationed troops on the border.
Previously, when the Burma Army attacked and seized the KIO’s former headquarters at Nahpaw-Pajau Bum in 1987, Burma Army troops had attacked the KIA positions from across the border in China, according to KIA officials.
- KIA တပ္မဟာ (၁) ေရွ႕တန္း စခန္းငယ္ (၁)ခု ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ သိမ္းပိုက္ (News) 15 Nov 2018
- ေျမယာ သိမ္းပိုက္မႈျဖစ္ေစေသာ အစိုးရ ဥပေဒကို တိုင္းရင္းသားမ်ား ကန္႔ကြက္ (News) 14 Nov 2018
- ဆဒုံ Chyinghtawng Pa ေကာက္သစ္စား ပြဲေတာ္ကို ၾကီးက်ယ္ခမ္းနားစြာ က်င္းပ (News) 13 Nov 2018
- တရားမ၀င္ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတူးေဖာ္သူ မ်ားလာျခင္းကိစၥ ဖားကန္႔အုပ္ခ်ဳပ္ေရး႐ုံး သို႔ တင္ျပ (News) 10 Nov 2018
- Kachin State Party မွတ္ပုံတင္ရန္ ေရြးေကာက္ပြဲ ေကာ္မရွင္ ခြင့္ျပဳလိုက္ၿပီ (News) 9 Nov 2018