The Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) fielded 25 people from its own ranks and affiliate groups to join a United Nationalities Federal Council (UNFC) delegation during the Union Peace Conference (also called 21st Century Panglong Conference) that started today.The list of their names in Kachin language was delivered yesterday in statement issued by Maj Gen Gun Maw, KIO vice-chairman (2).
Gen N’ Ban La, KIO vice-chairman and also UNFC chairman, as well as other leaders were included, but for reasons unknown Gun Maw’s name wasn’t on the list.
Members of KIO women’s organisations, the Myitkyina-based Kachin Peace Creation Group and Kachin National Consultative Assembly, were included.
The UNFC recently demanded that the Burma Army halt its current offensives against the KIO, giving its leaders the chance to attend the peace conference
The KIO leaders attending the five-day peace conference as a member group of the UNFC aren’t planning to engage in discussions, but merely joining to keep the door open for future political dialogue with the government, according to a statement released by Maj Gen on 27 August.
- ‘ဘဝမ်ားႏွင့္ရင္းေသာေက်ာက္စိမ္း’ သတင္းစာ ရွင္းလင္းပြဲ ျမစ္ၾကီးနားတြင္ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ယေန႔ ျမန္မာအစိုးရ ႏွင့္ KIO တို႔ ခ်င္းမိုင္တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆုံမည္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ကေလး အခြင့္အေရးဆိုင္ရာ ၁ပတ္ သင္တန္း ဟူးေကာင္းေဒသမွာ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ျမိဳ႕နယ္ Hupa မွာ ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တပ္ရင္း (၆) တိုက္ပြဲ ျဖစ္ပြား (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ေျမျပိဳမႈေၾကာင့္ ေသဆံုး ဒဏ္ရာရသူမ်ား ကုိ အစုိးရမွ မကူညီေသး (News) 17 Jul 2018