The Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) fielded 25 people from its own ranks and affiliate groups to join a United Nationalities Federal Council (UNFC) delegation during the Union Peace Conference (also called 21st Century Panglong Conference) that started today.The list of their names in Kachin language was delivered yesterday in statement issued by Maj Gen Gun Maw, KIO vice-chairman (2).
Gen N’ Ban La, KIO vice-chairman and also UNFC chairman, as well as other leaders were included, but for reasons unknown Gun Maw’s name wasn’t on the list.
Members of KIO women’s organisations, the Myitkyina-based Kachin Peace Creation Group and Kachin National Consultative Assembly, were included.
The UNFC recently demanded that the Burma Army halt its current offensives against the KIO, giving its leaders the chance to attend the peace conference
The KIO leaders attending the five-day peace conference as a member group of the UNFC aren’t planning to engage in discussions, but merely joining to keep the door open for future political dialogue with the government, according to a statement released by Maj Gen on 27 August.
- KNG TV Sep 21 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 21 Sep 2018
- NCA လက္မွတ္ထုိး အဖြဲ႔ႏွင့္ မထုိးသည့္အဖြဲ႔မ်ား လုိင္ဇာ တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆံု ေဆြးေႏြး (News) 21 Sep 2018
- တုိင္းရင္းသားေဒသ တပ္မေတာ္ ထုိးစစ္ရပ္ရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 21 Sep 2018
- Myanmar-China border dispute (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018
- Myanmar UWSA army bans Christian Cross (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018