The Burma Army continued offensives against the Kachin Independence Army’s (KIA) Battalion 9 this Sunday in northern Shan State despite that the armed group's political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO), will soon be joining them at the table this Wednesday during the Union Peace Conference (also called 21st Century Panglong Conference).
Some KIO leaders have already left for Naypyidaw to attend the conference under the United Nationalities Federal Council (UNFC); an ethnic alliance that the Kachin armed group is a member of.
Lt-Col Naw Bu, KIO spokesperson, said two columns of Burma Army’s Light Infantry Battalion 99 (LID-99) attacked KIA Battalion 9, under Brigade 4, in Hu Long Mountain just east of Na Hpai.
The Burma Army also reportedly launched offensives on Sunday on ceasefire group Shan State Progress Party/Shan State Army – North’s (SSPP/SSA-N) Wan Hai headquarters, also located in northern Shan State.
- KNG TV Sep 21 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 21 Sep 2018
- NCA လက္မွတ္ထုိး အဖြဲ႔ႏွင့္ မထုိးသည့္အဖြဲ႔မ်ား လုိင္ဇာ တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆံု ေဆြးေႏြး (News) 21 Sep 2018
- တုိင္းရင္းသားေဒသ တပ္မေတာ္ ထုိးစစ္ရပ္ရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 21 Sep 2018
- Myanmar-China border dispute (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018
- Myanmar UWSA army bans Christian Cross (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018