The Burma Army deployed two military helicopters yesterday against Kachin Independence Army (KIA) soldiers in Nhkram Bum, located east of the road from Myitkyina to Bhamo, said Lt-Col Naw Bu, the information officer for the KIA’s political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO).
Russian-made Mi-35 attack helicopters were allegedly used to assist Burma Army soldiers after they suffered high casualties during an offensive against a KIA Battalion 252 military camp in Nhkram Bum valley, according to Naw Bu.
Since last week, the Burma military has been launching a large offensive against the mobile KIA battalion at Nhkram Bum and Kagam Bum—possibly to put pressure on the KIO Laiza headquarters that is located not far from where fighting is happening.
Meanwhile, daily clashes with the Burma Army are breaking every day near Ledo and Hpakant roads in western Kachin State and around Kutkai and Muse Trade roads in northern Shan State.
KIO information officer Lt-Col Naw Bu said that using “military pressure” against the KIO will not force them to sign the nationwide ceasefire agreement or attend the Union Peace Conference (also called the 21st Century Panglong Conference) that starts next Wednesday. The conflict needs to be resolved with political dialogue and not unwarranted aggression, he said.
- KIA တပ္မဟာ (၁) ေရွ႕တန္း စခန္းငယ္ (၁)ခု ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ သိမ္းပိုက္ (News) 15 Nov 2018
- ေျမယာ သိမ္းပိုက္မႈျဖစ္ေစေသာ အစိုးရ ဥပေဒကို တိုင္းရင္းသားမ်ား ကန္႔ကြက္ (News) 14 Nov 2018
- ဆဒုံ Chyinghtawng Pa ေကာက္သစ္စား ပြဲေတာ္ကို ၾကီးက်ယ္ခမ္းနားစြာ က်င္းပ (News) 13 Nov 2018
- တရားမ၀င္ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတူးေဖာ္သူ မ်ားလာျခင္းကိစၥ ဖားကန္႔အုပ္ခ်ဳပ္ေရး႐ုံး သို႔ တင္ျပ (News) 10 Nov 2018
- Kachin State Party မွတ္ပုံတင္ရန္ ေရြးေကာက္ပြဲ ေကာ္မရွင္ ခြင့္ျပဳလိုက္ၿပီ (News) 9 Nov 2018