The Burma Army deployed two military helicopters yesterday against Kachin Independence Army (KIA) soldiers in Nhkram Bum, located east of the road from Myitkyina to Bhamo, said Lt-Col Naw Bu, the information officer for the KIA’s political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO).
Russian-made Mi-35 attack helicopters were allegedly used to assist Burma Army soldiers after they suffered high casualties during an offensive against a KIA Battalion 252 military camp in Nhkram Bum valley, according to Naw Bu.
Since last week, the Burma military has been launching a large offensive against the mobile KIA battalion at Nhkram Bum and Kagam Bum—possibly to put pressure on the KIO Laiza headquarters that is located not far from where fighting is happening.
Meanwhile, daily clashes with the Burma Army are breaking every day near Ledo and Hpakant roads in western Kachin State and around Kutkai and Muse Trade roads in northern Shan State.
KIO information officer Lt-Col Naw Bu said that using “military pressure” against the KIO will not force them to sign the nationwide ceasefire agreement or attend the Union Peace Conference (also called the 21st Century Panglong Conference) that starts next Wednesday. The conflict needs to be resolved with political dialogue and not unwarranted aggression, he said.
- ‘ဘဝမ်ားႏွင့္ရင္းေသာေက်ာက္စိမ္း’ သတင္းစာ ရွင္းလင္းပြဲ ျမစ္ၾကီးနားတြင္ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ယေန႔ ျမန္မာအစိုးရ ႏွင့္ KIO တို႔ ခ်င္းမိုင္တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆုံမည္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ကေလး အခြင့္အေရးဆိုင္ရာ ၁ပတ္ သင္တန္း ဟူးေကာင္းေဒသမွာ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ျမိဳ႕နယ္ Hupa မွာ ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တပ္ရင္း (၆) တိုက္ပြဲ ျဖစ္ပြား (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ေျမျပိဳမႈေၾကာင့္ ေသဆံုး ဒဏ္ရာရသူမ်ား ကုိ အစုိးရမွ မကူညီေသး (News) 17 Jul 2018