A skirmish broke out between the Burma Army and the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) near the armed group’s Laiza headquarters on 7 August.After the Burma Army sent troops from the Shadan Pa banana plantation in Nam San Yang to Bandawng Kahtawng on the Myitkyina-Bhamo Road—on the way to Laiza—fighting started in Ja Ing Yang at 3 pm, lasting one hour.
According to an unconfirmed news report, a Burma Army lieutenant was killed and 9 government soldiers sustained injuries from the clash.
After the new National League for Democracy government took office in April the Burma Army launched a series of offensives to clear KIA troops from between the Irrawaddy River and Myitkyina-Bhamo Road in Waingmaw Township in eastern Kachin State.
- KNG TV Sep 21 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 21 Sep 2018
- NCA လက္မွတ္ထုိး အဖြဲ႔ႏွင့္ မထုိးသည့္အဖြဲ႔မ်ား လုိင္ဇာ တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆံု ေဆြးေႏြး (News) 21 Sep 2018
- တုိင္းရင္းသားေဒသ တပ္မေတာ္ ထုိးစစ္ရပ္ရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 21 Sep 2018
- Myanmar-China border dispute (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018
- Myanmar UWSA army bans Christian Cross (KNG TV) 20 Sep 2018