The Kachin National Congress (KNC) recently held a Kachin National Public Forum in Kachin State capital Myitkyina to select individuals to serve as representatives for their community.Around 500 people attended the public forum, including representatives of the six ethnic Kachin tribes and civil society and youth organizations.
Dr Kawn La said during the public forum they chose representatives to work in six main sectors. These sectors include politics, security, economic, social, environmental protection and land.
Twelve representatives were chosen to be negotiators with the central Burma government. Among these, three will attend the 21st Century Panglong Conference led by State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. The remaining representatives will serve as technical advisors.
Some of the groups that were invited refused to attend because they didn’t regard it as a genuine Kachin public forum.
Translated by Thida Linn
Reporting by Nawng Nawng for KNG
Edited by BNI staff
- AKYU celebrates 23rd anniversary in Myitkyina (KNG TV) 15 Aug 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ Mawmau Bum ျပည္သူပုိင္လမ္း ေရာင္းစားမႈ ေဒသခံမ်ား စိတ္မေကာင္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- Sinlum IDP ေဘာ္ဒါ ေက်ာင္းေဆာင္ မီးေလာင္ပ်က္စီးမႈေၾကာင့္ အေရးေပၚ အကူညီ လိုအပ္ (News) 14 Aug 2018
- ျမန္မာ အစိုးရတပ္ ႏွင့္ ေျမာက္ပိုင္းမဟာမိတ္ တပ္ေပါင္းစု ၾကား တိုက္ပြဲ ျပင္းထန္ (News) 14 Aug 2018
- ဆႏၵျပ လူငယ္ေခါင္းေဆာင္ (၃)ဦးအမႈ တရားလုိ သက္ေသ အစစ္ခံရန္ ပ်က္ကြက္ (News) 13 Aug 2018