The Kachin National Congress (KNC) recently held a Kachin National Public Forum in Kachin State capital Myitkyina to select individuals to serve as representatives for their community.Around 500 people attended the public forum, including representatives of the six ethnic Kachin tribes and civil society and youth organizations.
Dr Kawn La said during the public forum they chose representatives to work in six main sectors. These sectors include politics, security, economic, social, environmental protection and land.
Twelve representatives were chosen to be negotiators with the central Burma government. Among these, three will attend the 21st Century Panglong Conference led by State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. The remaining representatives will serve as technical advisors.
Some of the groups that were invited refused to attend because they didn’t regard it as a genuine Kachin public forum.
Translated by Thida Linn
Reporting by Nawng Nawng for KNG
Edited by BNI staff
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ နစ္နာေၾကးကိစၥ ရန္ကုန္မွာ သတင္းစာရွင္းလင္း (News) 15 Dec 2018
- ကခ်င္ေတြ "သူပုန္" ျဖစ္ေအာင္ ဘယ္သူ လုပ္တာလဲ? (KNG TV) 15 Dec 2018
- တရား႐ုံးမွ ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၂ဦးအား ေငြဒဏ္ စီရင္ (News) 14 Dec 2018
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံ Sut Seng Htoi အမႈ တရားလုိ ၄ဦးကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 13 Dec 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ လုံျခံဳေရး ရဲ ပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၂ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာ ရ (News) 13 Dec 2018