A headmaster at an elementary school in north western Shan State has been accused of seizing land belonging to local residents after improperly deeming their land vacant. The alleged land seizures took place in Loi Kung village of Pan Kai village group in Kutkai Township.
Since 1992, the Burmese government has been resettling Kachin, Palaung, and Chinese people in Pan Kai village group besides the Union Highway.
Some of the local residents left to work in their old villages. Some residents also left the village due to the ongoing fighting going on in the area, explained Sara num Doi Ling, a local teacher.
U Min Aung, headmaster at Pan Kai village's elementary school has started planting corn on land in the village since 2014 without consulting the village elders and despite objections from local residents, the teacher said.
When the original residents who had left returned, the village elders attempted to negotiate with the headmaster but they were unable to reach an agreement. The headmaster also filed trespassing charges against the land owners for working on their own land.
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ နစ္နာေၾကးကိစၥ ရန္ကုန္မွာ သတင္းစာရွင္းလင္း (News) 15 Dec 2018
- ကခ်င္ေတြ "သူပုန္" ျဖစ္ေအာင္ ဘယ္သူ လုပ္တာလဲ? (KNG TV) 15 Dec 2018
- တရား႐ုံးမွ ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၂ဦးအား ေငြဒဏ္ စီရင္ (News) 14 Dec 2018
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံ Sut Seng Htoi အမႈ တရားလုိ ၄ဦးကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 13 Dec 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ လုံျခံဳေရး ရဲ ပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၂ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာ ရ (News) 13 Dec 2018