The Burma Army attacked positions held by the Kachin Independence Army (KIA)’s Battalion 27 with fighter jets in Mansi Township in south eastern Kachin State on Tuesday May 17th.
Two fighter jets fired over territory held by the KIA’s Battalion 27, in Ulang Pa and Hka Shang, at11:30 am and 4 pm respectively, according to the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO)'s Lt-Col Naw Bu. He told the Kachin News Group that he does not know whether there have been any casualties on the KIA side as a result of the Burma Army’s air strikes.
The Burma Army and the KIA’s Battalion 27 have have clashed repeatedly in Mansi Township since May 15th.
Translated by Thida Linn
- Burma army transports large supply to Putao (News) 23 Jan 2017
- Burma Army Launches Air Strike Against KIA Post near Gidon (News) 20 Dec 2016
- Burma Army Allegedly Bomb Roman Catholic Church in Mongkoe (News) 15 Dec 2016
- Burmese Government Blocks Kachin Workshop in Myitkyina (News) 2 Dec 2016
- Anti-KIO Protest Held in Myitkyina (News) 3 Nov 2016