The Burma Army attacked positions held by the Kachin Independence Army (KIA)’s Battalion 27 with fighter jets in Mansi Township in south eastern Kachin State on Tuesday May 17th.
Two fighter jets fired over territory held by the KIA’s Battalion 27, in Ulang Pa and Hka Shang, at11:30 am and 4 pm respectively, according to the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO)'s Lt-Col Naw Bu. He told the Kachin News Group that he does not know whether there have been any casualties on the KIA side as a result of the Burma Army’s air strikes.
The Burma Army and the KIA’s Battalion 27 have have clashed repeatedly in Mansi Township since May 15th.
Translated by Thida Linn
- Hpakant road closed for 3 hours after Burma army’s artillery fire (News) 18 May 2017
- Child killed, two girls injured in Kachin landmine blast (News) 24 Apr 2017
- Around 100 Burmese military vehicles march to northern Shan State (News) 24 Apr 2017
- Kachin people prepare for second session of 21st Century Panglong Conference (News) 27 Jan 2017
- Detained Kachin pastors transferred to Muse Police Station (News) 26 Jan 2017