The Burma Army attacked positions held by the Kachin Independence Army (KIA)’s Battalion 27 with fighter jets in Mansi Township in south eastern Kachin State on Tuesday May 17th.
Two fighter jets fired over territory held by the KIA’s Battalion 27, in Ulang Pa and Hka Shang, at11:30 am and 4 pm respectively, according to the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO)'s Lt-Col Naw Bu. He told the Kachin News Group that he does not know whether there have been any casualties on the KIA side as a result of the Burma Army’s air strikes.
The Burma Army and the KIA’s Battalion 27 have have clashed repeatedly in Mansi Township since May 15th.
Translated by Thida Linn
- One-Hundred Years Of Christianity Celebrated In Kachin State (News) 21 Mar 2019
- Company Charges Journalists With Defamation (News) 19 Mar 2019
- March 18, 2019 KNG TV News (KNG TV) 18 Mar 2019
- Hailstone Storm Strikes Kachin State (News) 18 Mar 2019
- Hailstone Storm Strikes Kachin State (KNG TV) 18 Mar 2019