Three Kachin political parties have agreed to merge. The Kachin State Democracy Party (KSDP), the Kachin National Congress for Democracy (KNCD), and the Kachin Democratic Party (KDP) prepared for the merger during a recent meeting in state capital Myitkyina.
KDP leader U Gumgrawng Awng Hkam told Kachin News that during the meeting a 15-member executive committee was formed with five members from each party to carry out the parties’ unification.
During the 2015 General Election the Kachin People’s Voice Group (Hpakant Township) advised Kachin political parties to unite to prevent vote dispersion. The KDP agreed but the other two parties rejected it resulting in the National League for Democracy (NLD) winning.
U Gumgrawng Awng Hkam said the Kachin parties decided to unite not to win in future elections but because leaders now recognize the importance of unification.
Two other Kachin parties, The Lisu National Development Party and the Lhaovo National Unity and Development Party held informal talks to discuss about joining the merge.
- ျမစ္ဆံုေရကာတာ ဆက္လက္ ကန္႔ကြက္ဖုိ႔ ေဒသခံမ်ား ေတြ႕ဆံုေဆြးေႏြး (News) 16 Aug 2018
- Kachin State Party တရား၀င္ ျဖစ္လာေရး အလုပ္အမႈေဆာင္ ေကာ္မတီ ဖြဲ႔စည္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- AKYU celebrates 23rd anniversary in Myitkyina (KNG TV) 15 Aug 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ Mawmau Bum ျပည္သူပုိင္လမ္း ေရာင္းစားမႈ ေဒသခံမ်ား စိတ္မေကာင္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- Sinlum IDP ေဘာ္ဒါ ေက်ာင္းေဆာင္ မီးေလာင္ပ်က္စီးမႈေၾကာင့္ အေရးေပၚ အကူညီ လိုအပ္ (News) 14 Aug 2018