Three Kachin political parties have agreed to merge. The Kachin State Democracy Party (KSDP), the Kachin National Congress for Democracy (KNCD), and the Kachin Democratic Party (KDP) prepared for the merger during a recent meeting in state capital Myitkyina.
KDP leader U Gumgrawng Awng Hkam told Kachin News that during the meeting a 15-member executive committee was formed with five members from each party to carry out the parties’ unification.
During the 2015 General Election the Kachin People’s Voice Group (Hpakant Township) advised Kachin political parties to unite to prevent vote dispersion. The KDP agreed but the other two parties rejected it resulting in the National League for Democracy (NLD) winning.
U Gumgrawng Awng Hkam said the Kachin parties decided to unite not to win in future elections but because leaders now recognize the importance of unification.
Two other Kachin parties, The Lisu National Development Party and the Lhaovo National Unity and Development Party held informal talks to discuss about joining the merge.
- တရားမ၀င္ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတူးေဖာ္သူ မ်ားလာျခင္းကိစၥ ဖားကန္႔အုပ္ခ်ဳပ္ေရး႐ုံး သို႔ တင္ျပ (News) 10 Nov 2018
- Kachin State Party မွတ္ပုံတင္ရန္ ေရြးေကာက္ပြဲ ေကာ္မရွင္ ခြင့္ျပဳလိုက္ၿပီ (News) 9 Nov 2018
- လီဆူေရးရာ ၀န္ၾကီး ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္မ်က္လုပ္ငန္းရွင္မ်ား အသင္းႏွင့္ ေတြ႕ဆုံ (News) 9 Nov 2018
- ကခ်င္ျပည္နယ္ နယ္လုံ ၀န္ၾကီး အေျပာင္းလဲ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 8 Nov 2018
- ဟူးေကာင္း ရြာသားမ်ား ကိုယ္ပိုင္ ကၽြဲ၊ ႏြား စားက်ယ္ေျမမ်ား သတ္မွတ္ (News) 8 Nov 2018