Three villagers were killed by fighting in Mai Hkawng village, in eastern Kachin state's Mansi township, on the afternoon of Wednesday September 23rd at 5:30 PM, the Kachin News Group has learned.
Two more civilians were injured by the fighting between government forces and troops from the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO). Fighting flared up again in Mansi township last week and has displaced more than 250 people, aid workers say.
The total number of people displaced includes 140 civilians living between Mai Hkawng and Nam Lim Pa who were forced to flee after the fighting began on Sunday. This is a particularly difficult time for villagers to flee, most of whom are small scale farmers, as late September they are busy tending to their rice and other crops.
- မူဆယ္ ျမန္မာနယ္နိမိတ္ဘက္ကုိ တရုတ္ႏုိင္ငံမွ ထပ္မံ က်ဴးေက်ာ္ (News) 17 Oct 2018
- အေရြးခံမည့္ ကိုယ္စားလွယ္ေလာင္း (၃)ဦး ႏွင့္ ကခ်င္လူငယ္မ်ား ေတြ႔ဆုံမည္ (News) 17 Oct 2018
- တပ္နဲ႔အစိုးရ ဖယ္ဒရယ္ကိစၥ အဆင္သင့္ မရိွေသး (KNG TV) 16 Oct 2018
- ေဝဖန္ခံရသည့္ ‘Marit ai Maumwi Mausa’ ဗီြဒီယို ကိစၥ ကခ်င္အႏုပညာရွင္ အသင္းခ်ဳပ္ႏွင့္ ေတြ႔ဆုံ ေမးျမန္းျခင္း (Interview) 16 Oct 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား ညေစ်းတန္းသစ္ တြင္ ေရာင္းမေကာင္း (News) 16 Oct 2018