Three villagers were killed by fighting in Mai Hkawng village, in eastern Kachin state's Mansi township, on the afternoon of Wednesday September 23rd at 5:30 PM, the Kachin News Group has learned.
Two more civilians were injured by the fighting between government forces and troops from the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO). Fighting flared up again in Mansi township last week and has displaced more than 250 people, aid workers say.
The total number of people displaced includes 140 civilians living between Mai Hkawng and Nam Lim Pa who were forced to flee after the fighting began on Sunday. This is a particularly difficult time for villagers to flee, most of whom are small scale farmers, as late September they are busy tending to their rice and other crops.
- တပ္မေတာ္ ထိုးစစ္ ရပ္စဲထားေသာ္လည္း KIO ႏွင့္ေဆြးေႏြးရန္ ျငင္းဆန္ (News) 18 Jan 2019
- Jinghpaw Academy ဦး Bum Yun မွ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတုံးၾကီး လက္ေဆာင္ေပး (News) 16 Jan 2019
- Mai Ja Yang တ႐ုတ္-ျမန္မာ နယ္စပ္ လမ္းမေပၚ တ႐ုတ္ ျခံစည္းကာရန္ ေျမတူး (News) 15 Jan 2019
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား Awng Lawt စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား ေနရာသစ္ကို ေျပာင္းမည္ (News) 15 Jan 2019
- ျမစ္ဆုံကိစၥ တ႐ုတ္သံ႐ုံး ထုတ္ျပန္ခ်က္ေပၚ ကခ်င္ပူးေပါင္းပါတီ တရား၀င္ ကန္႔ကြက္ (News) 14 Jan 2019