The Kachin Independence Organization (KIO) donated 100 million (aprox US $90,000) Kyat to assist with flood relief in Chin State last week. The donation was made by the KIO to the Chin National Front (CNF) which will use the funds to distribute relief in flood affected areas in Chin state. The CNF leadership has publicly thanked the KIO for its generosity.
“We are very grateful for the donation of 100 million Kyats given by the KIO as most of the Chin people are worried about their futures and facing various hardships today. It is the worst natural disaster in Chin State’s history. This contribution shows deep sympathy towards the Chin people who are facing severe floods and landslides in Chin State,” said the CNF's General Secretary Pu Paul Sitha in a statement published by the Chin news site Khonumthung.
The CNF which was formed in the 1980's has had long standing ties with the KIO who trained many CNF soldiers over the years. In November last year two CNF troops were among the 23 trainees who were killed when the army shelled a training ground on the outskirts of the KIO's de facto capital Laiza.
- ျမစ္ဆံုေရကာတာ ဆက္လက္ ကန္႔ကြက္ဖုိ႔ ေဒသခံမ်ား ေတြ႕ဆံုေဆြးေႏြး (News) 16 Aug 2018
- Kachin State Party တရား၀င္ ျဖစ္လာေရး အလုပ္အမႈေဆာင္ ေကာ္မတီ ဖြဲ႔စည္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- AKYU celebrates 23rd anniversary in Myitkyina (KNG TV) 15 Aug 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ Mawmau Bum ျပည္သူပုိင္လမ္း ေရာင္းစားမႈ ေဒသခံမ်ား စိတ္မေကာင္း (News) 15 Aug 2018
- Sinlum IDP ေဘာ္ဒါ ေက်ာင္းေဆာင္ မီးေလာင္ပ်က္စီးမႈေၾကာင့္ အေရးေပၚ အကူညီ လိုအပ္ (News) 14 Aug 2018