The Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC) has issued a call for churches worldwide to hold fasting and prayer sessions in order to bring justice in the case of the two Kachin volunteer teachers who were found raped and murdered last month in northern Shan state. The two teachers were volunteering with a KBC education program. The KBC has called for a global day of prayer to take place on February 19th.
“There is no other way we can do this except pray that we find the truth for the murdered two KBC’s volunteer teachers, we are trying with all our knowledge and power that has been given to us by God,” said the statement.
The statement also said that the case will be difficult to solve because of lawlessness in the regions and an aid blockade on the area.
“Everyone is aware of this case so we request the world regardless of different religions to pray together from their own place by fasting,” said Rev. Dr. Hkalam Samson the General Secretary of KBC.
KBC has also invited people to pray for the safety of villagers in northern Shan village of Namtau who are facing difficulties because of the ongoing tensions in the areas.
- Nippon Foundation to Provide Assistance for Kachin IDP Return (News) 15 Feb 2019
- Rev. Dr. Hkalam Samson: IDP Return Must Not Be Rushed or Militarized (Interview) 15 Feb 2019
- Families of Imprisoned Kachin Youth Leaders Accept Awards on Their Behalf (News) 14 Feb 2019
- Imprisoned Youth Leaders Receive Kachin Human Rights Award (News) 12 Feb 2019
- State Minister: Jade Pickers Must ‘Take Care of Themselves’ (News) 12 Feb 2019