The Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC) has issued a call for churches worldwide to hold fasting and prayer sessions in order to bring justice in the case of the two Kachin volunteer teachers who were found raped and murdered last month in northern Shan state. The two teachers were volunteering with a KBC education program. The KBC has called for a global day of prayer to take place on February 19th.
“There is no other way we can do this except pray that we find the truth for the murdered two KBC’s volunteer teachers, we are trying with all our knowledge and power that has been given to us by God,” said the statement.
The statement also said that the case will be difficult to solve because of lawlessness in the regions and an aid blockade on the area.
“Everyone is aware of this case so we request the world regardless of different religions to pray together from their own place by fasting,” said Rev. Dr. Hkalam Samson the General Secretary of KBC.
KBC has also invited people to pray for the safety of villagers in northern Shan village of Namtau who are facing difficulties because of the ongoing tensions in the areas.
- KIA တပ္မဟာ (၁) ေရွ႕တန္း စခန္းငယ္ (၁)ခု ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ သိမ္းပိုက္ (News) 15 Nov 2018
- ေျမယာ သိမ္းပိုက္မႈျဖစ္ေစေသာ အစိုးရ ဥပေဒကို တိုင္းရင္းသားမ်ား ကန္႔ကြက္ (News) 14 Nov 2018
- ဆဒုံ Chyinghtawng Pa ေကာက္သစ္စား ပြဲေတာ္ကို ၾကီးက်ယ္ခမ္းနားစြာ က်င္းပ (News) 13 Nov 2018
- တရားမ၀င္ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတူးေဖာ္သူ မ်ားလာျခင္းကိစၥ ဖားကန္႔အုပ္ခ်ဳပ္ေရး႐ုံး သို႔ တင္ျပ (News) 10 Nov 2018
- Kachin State Party မွတ္ပုံတင္ရန္ ေရြးေကာက္ပြဲ ေကာ္မရွင္ ခြင့္ျပဳလိုက္ၿပီ (News) 9 Nov 2018