The Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC) has issued a call for churches worldwide to hold fasting and prayer sessions in order to bring justice in the case of the two Kachin volunteer teachers who were found raped and murdered last month in northern Shan state. The two teachers were volunteering with a KBC education program. The KBC has called for a global day of prayer to take place on February 19th.
“There is no other way we can do this except pray that we find the truth for the murdered two KBC’s volunteer teachers, we are trying with all our knowledge and power that has been given to us by God,” said the statement.
The statement also said that the case will be difficult to solve because of lawlessness in the regions and an aid blockade on the area.
“Everyone is aware of this case so we request the world regardless of different religions to pray together from their own place by fasting,” said Rev. Dr. Hkalam Samson the General Secretary of KBC.
KBC has also invited people to pray for the safety of villagers in northern Shan village of Namtau who are facing difficulties because of the ongoing tensions in the areas.
- ျမန္မာနယ္နိမိတ္ က်ဴးေက်ာ္မႈမွ တ႐ုတ္ ျပန္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ျမစ္ဆုံ ေက်းရြာမ်ား၏ လုိအပ္ခ်က္မ်ားကုိ တရုတ္ကုမၸဏီ မွ ေထာက္ပ့ံေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ပန္ဆိုင္း လမ္းမိုင္း ေပါက္ကြဲမႈတြင္ ၁ ဦးေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာရ (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ သက္တမ္းကုန္ဆုံးေသာ္လည္း ကုမၸဏီမ်ား တူးေနဆဲ (News) 19 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္မိ်ဳးႏြယ္မ်ားၾကား ေသြးခြဲေစေသာ ဥပေဒ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ လို (News) 18 Sep 2018