During a visit to the Kachin state capital Myitkyina last week a delegation from the American Baptist Churches (ABC) organization called for Burmese government authorities to properly investigate the rape and murder last month of two Kachin teachers who were volunteering in Shan state.
The ABC delegation made this call during their meeting with the Kachin State Chief Minister, according to Rev. Dr. Hkalam Samson, the general secretary of Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC) who also attended the meeting.
According to Rev. Samson, during the meeting which lasted from 9 am to 11 am, the delegation led by Rev. Dr. Roy Medley, the general secretary of ABC asked government authorities to take steps to ensure a thorough investigation into the case which has drawn a lot of attention across Burma and around the word.
“The ABC has said that they don't want innocent people to suffer like the two teachers who were murdered” said Dr. Samson who also added that he asked the Chief Minister to ensure a fair investigation into killing of the two teachers who were volunteers from his organization. The church leaders held meetings with Chief Minister Lajawn Ngan Seng and the ministers for the legal affairs and social affairs.
During their meeting the delegation also asked that government authorities allow aid groups unrestricted access to Kachin civilians displaced by the conflict.
- ‘ဘဝမ်ားႏွင့္ရင္းေသာေက်ာက္စိမ္း’ သတင္းစာ ရွင္းလင္းပြဲ ျမစ္ၾကီးနားတြင္ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ယေန႔ ျမန္မာအစိုးရ ႏွင့္ KIO တို႔ ခ်င္းမိုင္တြင္ ေတြ႕ဆုံမည္ (News) 20 Jul 2018
- ကေလး အခြင့္အေရးဆိုင္ရာ ၁ပတ္ သင္တန္း ဟူးေကာင္းေဒသမွာ ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ျမိဳ႕နယ္ Hupa မွာ ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တပ္ရင္း (၆) တိုက္ပြဲ ျဖစ္ပြား (News) 18 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ေျမျပိဳမႈေၾကာင့္ ေသဆံုး ဒဏ္ရာရသူမ်ား ကုိ အစုိးရမွ မကူညီေသး (News) 17 Jul 2018