During a visit to the Kachin state capital Myitkyina last week a delegation from the American Baptist Churches (ABC) organization called for Burmese government authorities to properly investigate the rape and murder last month of two Kachin teachers who were volunteering in Shan state.
The ABC delegation made this call during their meeting with the Kachin State Chief Minister, according to Rev. Dr. Hkalam Samson, the general secretary of Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC) who also attended the meeting.
According to Rev. Samson, during the meeting which lasted from 9 am to 11 am, the delegation led by Rev. Dr. Roy Medley, the general secretary of ABC asked government authorities to take steps to ensure a thorough investigation into the case which has drawn a lot of attention across Burma and around the word.
“The ABC has said that they don't want innocent people to suffer like the two teachers who were murdered” said Dr. Samson who also added that he asked the Chief Minister to ensure a fair investigation into killing of the two teachers who were volunteers from his organization. The church leaders held meetings with Chief Minister Lajawn Ngan Seng and the ministers for the legal affairs and social affairs.
During their meeting the delegation also asked that government authorities allow aid groups unrestricted access to Kachin civilians displaced by the conflict.
- KIA တပ္မဟာ (၁) ေရွ႕တန္း စခန္းငယ္ (၁)ခု ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ သိမ္းပိုက္ (News) 15 Nov 2018
- ေျမယာ သိမ္းပိုက္မႈျဖစ္ေစေသာ အစိုးရ ဥပေဒကို တိုင္းရင္းသားမ်ား ကန္႔ကြက္ (News) 14 Nov 2018
- ဆဒုံ Chyinghtawng Pa ေကာက္သစ္စား ပြဲေတာ္ကို ၾကီးက်ယ္ခမ္းနားစြာ က်င္းပ (News) 13 Nov 2018
- တရားမ၀င္ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းတူးေဖာ္သူ မ်ားလာျခင္းကိစၥ ဖားကန္႔အုပ္ခ်ဳပ္ေရး႐ုံး သို႔ တင္ျပ (News) 10 Nov 2018
- Kachin State Party မွတ္ပုံတင္ရန္ ေရြးေကာက္ပြဲ ေကာ္မရွင္ ခြင့္ျပဳလိုက္ၿပီ (News) 9 Nov 2018