During a visit to the Kachin state capital Myitkyina last week a delegation from the American Baptist Churches (ABC) organization called for Burmese government authorities to properly investigate the rape and murder last month of two Kachin teachers who were volunteering in Shan state.
The ABC delegation made this call during their meeting with the Kachin State Chief Minister, according to Rev. Dr. Hkalam Samson, the general secretary of Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC) who also attended the meeting.
According to Rev. Samson, during the meeting which lasted from 9 am to 11 am, the delegation led by Rev. Dr. Roy Medley, the general secretary of ABC asked government authorities to take steps to ensure a thorough investigation into the case which has drawn a lot of attention across Burma and around the word.
“The ABC has said that they don't want innocent people to suffer like the two teachers who were murdered” said Dr. Samson who also added that he asked the Chief Minister to ensure a fair investigation into killing of the two teachers who were volunteers from his organization. The church leaders held meetings with Chief Minister Lajawn Ngan Seng and the ministers for the legal affairs and social affairs.
During their meeting the delegation also asked that government authorities allow aid groups unrestricted access to Kachin civilians displaced by the conflict.
- ျမန္မာနယ္နိမိတ္ က်ဴးေက်ာ္မႈမွ တ႐ုတ္ ျပန္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ျမစ္ဆုံ ေက်းရြာမ်ား၏ လုိအပ္ခ်က္မ်ားကုိ တရုတ္ကုမၸဏီ မွ ေထာက္ပ့ံေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ပန္ဆိုင္း လမ္းမိုင္း ေပါက္ကြဲမႈတြင္ ၁ ဦးေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာရ (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ သက္တမ္းကုန္ဆုံးေသာ္လည္း ကုမၸဏီမ်ား တူးေနဆဲ (News) 19 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္မိ်ဳးႏြယ္မ်ားၾကား ေသြးခြဲေစေသာ ဥပေဒ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ လို (News) 18 Sep 2018