The authorities are setting up polling stations in schools and other places where people usually gather. The polling stations are being set up for people to vote in the May 10 referendum to approve the national constitution.
"The authorities have ordered shifting of small roadside shops in Thidar quarter, beside the Myitkyina hospital to construct the polling station," said a resident. "Mostly government servants live in Thidar and the small market remains open at night," a resident added.
On the other hand, the authorities have allowed residents to cast votes in advance with the copy of the national identity card. Now voters who planned to cast the "No" note are worried.
Meanwhile, guards at the polling station have been making rounds of the town, an eyewitness said.
- တရား႐ုံးမွ ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၂ဦးအား ေငြဒဏ္ စီရင္ (News) 14 Dec 2018
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံ Sut Seng Htoi အမႈ တရားလုိ ၄ဦးကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 13 Dec 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ လုံျခံဳေရး ရဲ ပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၂ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာ ရ (News) 13 Dec 2018
- Nippon Foundation မွ ကခ်င္စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကူညီေပးရန္ အဆင္မေျပ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- တရားမွ်တေရး ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ဦးေဆာင္သူ ၂ ဦး အမႈဖြင့္ ခံရ (News) 12 Dec 2018