Kachin News Group (KNG) is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand and covers news, especially in Kachin State northern Burma as well as the rest of Burma since May 12, 2003. It was formed by Kachin student leaders, who took part in Burma’s democracy uprising in 1988. The KNG produces online web-based multi-media news such as news, photo news and video news (KNG-TV) for--- Kachins and non-Kachins. The KNG multi-media news is uploaded in three websites in three languages--- English, Kachin and Burmese. The daily news production is done together by three branch offices in New Delhi, India, China-Burma border and Myitkyina, Kachin State.
"Public work must be known by public"
"Shawa amu shawa chye ra"
To serve with truth for democracy development in Burma (Myanmar) and our mother land Kachin within the country.
Aims & objectives
• To present and express the truth
• To give new acknowledgements to the people
• To promote the relationship between government and its citizens
• To increase the government’s understanding on the role of the media in a democratic society
• To provide security to the rights of the community
• To promote the political view of Kachin people
• To educate, to entertain, to explain and to reach the democratic goal
• To preserve ethnic Kachin language in media work
• Daily English news production (www.kachinnews.com).
• Daily Burmese news production (www.kachinnews.com/burmese)
• Daily Kachin news production (www.kachinnews.com/kachin)
• Daily KNG TV News production (www.youtube.com/KachinNewsGroup)
• Weekly Radio Free Asia (RFA) Kachin program for 20 minutes
• Bi-monthly Kachin publication (Jinghpaw Nsen magazine)
• Occasionally issued-based report related to Kachin
• Woman internship
• Kachin FM Radio
• RFA-Kachin TV
• Daily news production with Burma News International (BNI), which comprises 11 independent Burmese media groups in exile
• Occasionally issue-based reports related to Burma (Myanmar) with BNI
• 15-minute weekly Free Ethnic Voice Radio (FEVR) production with BNI Voice of America (VOA)
• Monthly feature audio program for “BNI Women’s Voice”
• Recruiting and training citizen journalists, stringers and reporters with Internews-Thailand, Burma Relief Centre (BRC), Open Society Institute (OSI) and BNI
Staff and office
The daily news production is jointly done by six staff members and more than 10 inside stringers in the main and branch offices. The main office is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand and its three branch offices are in the Indian capital New Delhi, Sino-Burma border and Kachin State’s capital Myitkyina, northern Burma.
Location mapping staff and stringers
Democratic Voice of Burma (DVB)
Burma News International (BNI)
Radio Free Asia (RFA)-Burmese Service
Kachin News Group (KNG)
P.O. Box 17, Maeping Post Office
+ 66 (0) 53111307
- ျမန္မာနယ္နိမိတ္ က်ဴးေက်ာ္မႈမွ တ႐ုတ္ ျပန္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ျမစ္ဆုံ ေက်းရြာမ်ား၏ လုိအပ္ခ်က္မ်ားကုိ တရုတ္ကုမၸဏီ မွ ေထာက္ပ့ံေပး (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ပန္ဆိုင္း လမ္းမိုင္း ေပါက္ကြဲမႈတြင္ ၁ ဦးေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာရ (News) 20 Sep 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ သက္တမ္းကုန္ဆုံးေသာ္လည္း ကုမၸဏီမ်ား တူးေနဆဲ (News) 19 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္မိ်ဳးႏြယ္မ်ားၾကား ေသြးခြဲေစေသာ ဥပေဒ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ လို (News) 18 Sep 2018